Welcome to Lobbying.ie
The Regulation of Lobbying legislation is designed to provide information to the public about who is lobbying whom about what.
If you are lobbying then you must register on this website and make a return every four months. Take our Three Step Test to see if you are lobbying.
Please feel free to read this welcome letter, which is sent to all new registrants, advising them of their obligations and best administrative practices for managing their account on Lobbying.ie.
COVID-19: The office is closed to all personal callers. Please correspond with us by email or online if possible. This will help us to maximise our staff resources, following current guidance on limiting the spread of coronavirus. Our contact details are here.
Notice: Due to the current public health emergency, there are considerable and unavoidable disruptions to the delivery of public services, as well to the work of our own Office. Our staff are continuing to work during this time in all areas of the Commission's remit. However, some may be redeployed in the coming days to vital front line services.
We ask for your patience and cooperation in respect of any unavoidable delays that may result.
We would further ask that any non urgent queries or complaints be deferred at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
- 2 July 2020 - Top ten things DPOs need to know about lobbying published.
- 25 June 2020 - Standards Commission publishes Annual Report 2019 under Regulation of Lobbying Act
- 25 February 2020 - Standards in Public Office Commission comments on Second Review of the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015
- 27 June 2019 - Standards Commission publishes Annual Report 2018 under Regulation of Lobbying Act
- 11 June 2019 - Revised best practices for persons carrying on lobbying activities published
- 10 May 2019 - Standards Commission publishes its submission to the second legislative review of the Regulation of Lobbying Act
- 1 January 2019 - The Code of Conduct for persons carrying on lobbying activities came into effect
- Do you have to submit a "Nil Return"?
A return may be submitted at any stage during a relevant period
- 21 September 2020 - Returns due for return period 1 May - 31 August 2020
- 21 January 2021 - Returns due for return period 1 September - 31 December 2020
- 21 May 2021 - Returns due for return period 1 January - 30 April 2021