Welcome to Lobbying.ie
The Regulation of Lobbying legislation is designed to provide information to the public about who is lobbying whom about what.
If you are lobbying then you must register on this website and make a return every four months. Take our Three Step Test to see if you are lobbying.
Please feel free to read this welcome letter, which is sent to all new registrants, advising them of their obligations and best administrative practices for managing their account on Lobbying.ie.
Guidance note regarding Regulation of Lobbying and candidates at elections
The Standards Commission has published a guidance note regarding lobbying and candidates at elections, please see guidance for candidates at election time.
- 15 May 2019 - Open House Information Session
- 10 May 2019 - Standards Commission publishes its submission to the second legislative review of the Regulation of Lobbying Act.
- 1 January 2019 - The Code of Conduct for persons carrying on lobbying activities came into effect
- 28 November 2018 - The Commission launches the Code of Conduct for persons carrying on lobbying activities
- 28 June 2018 - Standards Commission publishes Annual Report 2017 under Regulation of Lobbying Act
- 21 June 2018 - Advertisement for consultation on Code of Conduct
- 7 July 2017 - Standards Commission publishes companion Highlights document to the 2016 Annual Report
- 3 July 2017 - Standards Commission publishes Annual Report 2016 under Regulation of Lobbying Act
- 1 February 2017 - The Standards Commission has revised its guidelines for persons lobbying to add information about enforcement provisions now in effect.
- Do you have to submit a "Nil Return"?
- 21 May 2019 - Returns due for return period 1 January - 30 April 2019
- 21 September 2019 - Returns due for return period 1 May - 31 August 2019
- 21 January 2020 - Returns due for return period 1 September - 31 December 2019