Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 (Designated Public Officials) Regulations 2015
Section 6 of the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 provides that designated public officials include the following:
- Ministers of the Government and Ministers of State
- Other Members of Dáil Éireann and Seanad Éireann
- Members of the European Parliament for constituencies in the State
- Members of local authorities
- Special advisers appointed under section 11 of the Public Service Management Act 1997
- Public servants of a prescribed description
- Any other prescribed office holders or description of persons.
On this page is a downloadable copy (PDF) of The Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 (Designated Public Officials) Regulations 2015. The Regulations provide a schedule of the Departments and Agencies who on commencement of the Regulation of Lobbying Act on 1 September 2015, have Designated Public Officials prescribed under section 6(1)(f) of the Act. The Regulations prescribe the Designated Public Officials for each body.
Statutory Instrument (SI) 362 of 2015 Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 provides that:
- With effect from 1 September 2016 a public servant in Cork County Council in a position of Divisional Manager is prescribed as a designated public official for the purposes of section 6(1)(f) of the Act.