User Account v Admin Account
The Lobbying website allows registered persons to add more account ‘users’ and ‘administrators’ to their registration. This is useful as it means that there can be more than one person receiving reminder emails and able to submit returns on behalf of the registration. It is important to note that there is a difference between an account ‘user’ and ‘administrator’.
An account ‘User’
- does not receive reminder emails in advance of deadlines
- is unable to publish returns directly to live Register. They can only create returns for the approval of their own account administrator who must then publish the return before the deadline. If the account administrator does not publish the return in advance of the deadline the registrant may be issued with a penalty of €200
- is unable to amend any information relating to their registration including address, company name etc.
An account ‘administrator’
- is sent two reminder emails in advance of each deadline
- can publish returns directly to the live Register without any other approval
- can make amendments to the information relating to their registration .
If you have added another person to your registration and you intend for them to receive reminder emails and publish returns, you should ensure that you have given them the correct administrative rights to facilitate this.
To check this, log on to your registration on www.lobbying.ie and on the right hand side of your ‘lobbying dashboard’ there is a list of options from which you should select ‘user administration’.
Please check that any person you wish to be an account ‘administrator’ has been given the correct administrative rights. You can change any person on your registration from an account ‘user’ to ‘administrator’ or vice-versa by using the blue button underneath their email address.
Please note that if, when you log on to your registration on www.lobbying.ie, you do not have the option ‘user administration’ on the right hand side of the page, this means that you are an account ‘user’ and will not get reminder emails and will be unable to publish returns without the authorisation of your own account administrator. If this is the case you should contact your own account administrator (the person that added you to the registration) to request that they grant you the correct administrative rights. If that person is no longer part of your organisation please send an email to email@example.com outlining this situation. If you are registered as an individual you similarly will not have the 'user administration' option on the right hand side. This is normal and you do not need to contact us.
It is for each registrant to determine that their account administration is correct. Failure to do so may result in penalties for missed deadlines.