Appendix: Best practices for persons undertaking lobbying activities
- Review your organisation’s arrangements for recording relevant communications
- Where necessary, put in place arrangements to record such information from the start of the first relevant period in which you begin lobbying
- Identify individual(s) responsible for registration and compilation of returns.
o Note: It is possible to have data entered on the register on an ongoing basis by more than one employee and saved in draft form (on a private area of the register) prior to its formal submission.
- Nominate a compliance officer
o Single person responsible for reviewing all final returns for completeness, accuracy and consistency, and ensuring returns deadlines are met
o Person can submit final return at the end of each reporting period
- Visit www.lobbying.ie for more information, including guidance, information tools and videos to help you:
o Determine if you are lobbying
o Find the answers to frequently asked questions
o Complete the registration process
o Complete your return